The Online Physics Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate, FREE Physics club for expert Physicists, aspirant Physicists and Physics admirers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterSearchLog inLIGHTWEEKContact the ownerLink Banck to co.nr

plesae help me........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rahulphariharan

rahulphariharan

plesae help me........ Empty
PostSubject: plesae help me........   plesae help me........ EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:19 am

i recently came across a comment that when we push a rubber ball into water filled  in a bucket,water level rises because of force applied by our hand (ie more force we apply , the more water rises) .but i do belive its absurd, water rise occur as a function of volume {of our hand} ..

if water level rose with force applied , that would mean if i moved my fingers in water , giving force to the body ,without changing the immersed hand volume , then a water rise would occur......isnt that creation of water from water...................

PLEaSE ANSWER URGENTLY
PLEASE ITS URGENT
Back to top Go down
http://www.u4dmedialab.mywapblog.com
einsteinstwin

einsteinstwin

plesae help me........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: plesae help me........   plesae help me........ EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:57 pm

no water levels would rise(in this situation) mainly due to water displacement. if the mass of the ball that ur pushing down is not changing or infinite that means at some point water displacement(for that ball of M mass) will hit its limit(as far as making the water rise higher and higher) at that point no matter how far the ball is pushed down the water displacement value will eventually stop at a certain amount of inches or centimeters above the original water-line. But a very important factor to think of is not only the added weight of ur hand but the added weight of you forearm, not to mention the particular amount of force your applying at that time and in what frame of reference are u actually observing or talking about? becuz if u suddenly just punch into the water as hard as u can into that ball, the water level would rise significantly (in that instant of time) but the water would then immediately return to a lower state of energy, so if u could be a little more concise, i will surely have an answer for u my friend!
Back to top Go down

plesae help me........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Online Physics Club :: PHYSICS :: Dynamical systems-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com